We recently reported that adding friends on your Nintendo Switch would require friend codes; much to many fans’ dismay. However you can now be rest assured that adding friends through social media and other methods is on its way via an update after launch. The following statement comes directly from Nintendo:
- Several methods can be used to add friends as quickly and easily as possible: · By linking Nintendo Switch to your Nintendo Account, your friends from Miitomo and Super Mario Run will appear as friend candidates so you can easily send them a friend request. Also, we are planning it so that friends from social networking services will be listed as candidates, too.
- In the future, you will be able to send a friend request to friends associated with your NNID (Wii U/Miiverse) and Nintendo 3DS.
- In some games you will be able to use an in-game interface to send friend requests.
- You can send friend requests to those who have played with you recently.
- You can establish a friend through local wireless communication.
- You can also send a friend request by using a friend code.