In just three days the Kickstarter for Battle Princess Madelyn, a game that harks back to the Ghouls ‘n Ghosts era, has met its first goal of raising an impressive $60,000. The title is being developed by a company called Casual Bit Games. By hitting this milestone it means that the game will be making its way on to the Nintendo Switch. Here are some points about the new title taken from their Kickstarter page:
- A mix of fast-paced classic arcade action, with adventure elements of classic games from the golden age of console gaming..
- Highly detailed hand drawn pixel art brought to life by the magical lighting of the Unity Engine.
- Battle Princess Madelyn can be played through quickly as an arcade game, or for the full experience plays can stop at towns to help the locals! How you play to complete the story depends on your personal choice!
- Find all of the collectibles hidden throughout the stages for extra rewards, and additional hidden stages!
- 10 levels, each of which includes up to 5 stages – including 1 or 2 branching hidden stages. Heavily detailed stages full of puzzles, dangerous platforming, and various game play styles!
- Fully re-playable stages at any point – if you’ve unlocked it, you can play it as much as you want!